Thursday, January 14, 2010

For the Ladies: What's the worst Hairstyle you've ever Got at Salon or Barber?

Ladies - I will share with you a lesson that I learned the hard way.





NEVER tell the hair dresser you don't care what she does and NEVER go get your hair done when you have PMS (Because you are more likely to tell the hair dresser you don't care what she does!)For the Ladies: What's the worst Hairstyle you've ever Got at Salon or Barber?
I've always had pretty long hair (usually waist length). Back in the 80's, spiral perms were the big thing. For those who don't know what they are, they are perms that are done especially on people with long hair, that is supposed to give a spiral shaped curl effect. It can be really cute, if done right. It was also quite expensive.





Mine was not done right. Mom took me to a beauty school, since it was cheaper. I should have known better (but, hey-I was only 15 or 16 and she was paying). It took HOURS AND HOURS. By the time she was done, my hair was perfectly straight, as usual--except for the bottom 3 or 4 inches, which were frizzed out big time! It looked like I was on the tail end of growing out a wild afro (and on a fair skinned blond, that especially looked bad!).





I ended up having to get it cut off. Ugh.For the Ladies: What's the worst Hairstyle you've ever Got at Salon or Barber?
when i was 12 ( i'm 13 now) i got my hair cut by a beauty salon student. and i wanted something really nice just kinda simple. but.... instead she gave me this weird short hair that had these odd '; flippies'; in the back. i looked like i was 4 no joke! i hated it!





now my hair is shoulder lenghth and curly. ( it's always been curly) i am trying to grow my hair out very long!:)
i got my hair dyed blonde- i fancied a change.


anyway, it went wrong and i had to walk around with a hat for a few months. good thing i could braoid my hair!
Spiral perm as a teen back in the 80's.
short mushroom cut. it was supposed to be a chin length face frame.
I have two nightmarish experiences....





First: One day I decided to go into a jazzy salon and get a perm, i had very long hair and wanted a spiral perm, I had already got colour done...and wnated to treat myself. The Salon gave me the go ahead and permed my hair and also gave me a treatment...after 3 horrid hours i came out with a nest of what use to be my hair.... and the top of my head was burnt.... I had to cut off all my hair...above my chin....and did not get my money back...





Second: Finally grew my hair back...asked for some sweepy bangs with a couple inches taken off main length....if you cant count...dont be a hairdresser..her two inches were 6-7 inches by any norm....not impressed.
I've only had a bad cut once. The woman who did it took way too much off the back. I couldn't see it without using a couple of mirrors, but I was shocked at how bad it looked.
a french twist. it was suppossed to be nice, with loose curls and then i end up with all these small curls in my hair where the twisht shows, plus the lady used one too many bobbypins and too much hair spray. i was 16 at the time but i looke like i was 20. i hated that style.
i had a lady cut the top layer unevenly and it was all messed up in the front and worse in the back. I had to go to another salon and get another inch taken off to fix it.
i got three way bangs and the lady


messed them up


she made the back of my hair look like


vains
Not me, but my best friend went in for a cut, nothing fancy (mind you this was a couple of years ago) and she came out with the worst 80's throwback cut and style. She had to walk sideways to get out of the door! HIDEOUS. I couldn't stop laughing at her.
dorthy hamilton hate woman for making tha haircut famous!
I wanted a trim when I was small and the person decided that I wanted to look like a boy and just buzzed my hair off. T_T I didn't want to go to school for the rest of the year. But hey, I was only in the 3rd grade so what do I know right? Right?








I knew I didn't wanted to look like a guy, it's bad enough back then I acted like one. The girls hated me but I fit in with the guys.
Back in the late 80's, my sister and I both got spiral perms at a beauty school close to our house. It took about 4 hours, my neck muscles were killing me, and I had chemical burns, too. It was the first and last spiral perm I ever got. And all I had to show for it was a tangled, snarled mess. I couldn't comb my hair for 3 months. My sister didn't fare any better. Neither one of us is going through that again!
when the stylist cut my sides like a dude i was PISSED.
When the perm burnt the top of my head. So now I have a very light spot across my forehead.
i went in and asked for this really cute cut i saw on a magazine! but the lady did it all wrong the cut looked horrible! i started to cry! it was sad
  • face blush
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment