Monday, January 18, 2010

Why do you like Barbers instead of salons?

I am a female Barber.. would that make you want to still come to me for your cut/shave? what do you like about the Barber Shop?Why do you like Barbers instead of salons?
Going to a salon makes some guys feel like people are going to think they're gay for going there. And if you're lucky, you can find a barber shop that uses real, hot lather on your neck and side burns and they use a real straight-edge razor and scissors instead of using clippers for everything. Barber shops are usually more personable also, you can get to know your barber, swap old war stories or crap like that. I wouldn't mind going to a female barber if it was close by. I've been going to Supercuts lately because it's just more convenient but if I could find a barber shop that was closer that does the stuff I mentioned above I'd go there instead, male or female.Why do you like Barbers instead of salons?
To be absolutely honest, I have no vanity and I strongly believe the only difference between a good hair cut and a bad one is about 7 days. I go to a $7 barber shop and tip the barber $2 or $3 depending on how good the cut really was and how generous I am feeling. I would use scissors on my own hair before I paid someone $20 for a hair cut.





Before I get two or three hundred thumbs down, I didn't say a word about anyone else. I don't care what others do. I spent 22 years in the military and since I retired I get my hair cut when I am damn good and ready, not when some arbitrary length is reached. I probably spend money on things other consider foolish but they made their money and I made mine. They can spend as they see fit and I will do likewise.





That's probably far more information than you wanted but I am nothing if not thorough.
salons are better


i like them better because it's more personal and even though its more expensive it just feels more personal
I am losing my hair so I go to a barber cause it's cheaper.
Barbershop = guy conversation
i like a barber shop where they use clippers instead of scissors hard to find now days but there is one close to my house. do barbers still give a shave (straight razor)have not see that in years.

No comments:

Post a Comment