Friday, January 15, 2010

What is the history behind barber shops/hair salons being closed on Sunday & Monday?

I assume it has something to do with how much business they get on Saturday so they should be open for the convenience of clients, I just was looking for some pertinient information that I can pass along when my clients ask... (instead of the usual..';I want 2 days off a week too!!!!)What is the history behind barber shops/hair salons being closed on Sunday %26amp; Monday?
I asked a barber about this once and he replied that, since barbers have almost always worked on Saturdays, they decided to take Monday's off... I think it's about as profound as that... no big secret.What is the history behind barber shops/hair salons being closed on Sunday %26amp; Monday?
dont know
Back in the day when the whole town went to church services the shop would be closed. If you had your hair done on Friday or Saturday for an upcoming night out, then there was not enough business on Mondays to stay open.
I don't know the history but since they are open Tuesday through Sunday, it stands to reason that they would be closed on Sunday(for religous purposes) and on Monday to give thier staff two days off in a row.
  • face blush
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment